Bodh Gaya Museum – Bodhgaya India
Bodh Gaya is not renowned just for its religious legacy. The city is well-known as a place that teaches about the history of the city and the rulers who once ruled it. The information about such things is displayed in Bodh Gaya Archaeological Museum. It is a frequently visited place in Bodh Gaya.
Why Is It Famous?
1) Bodh Gaya Archaeological Museum is known for housing historical items that were discovered during excavations.
2) There are different galleries in the museum that dedicated to the artifacts connected to Buddhism & Hinduism.
3) Stone sculptures of Buddha, Dashavatara of Lord Vishnu, beautifully carved pots, and terracotta items are displayed in different galleries.
4) Furthermore, the relics of Buddha are displayed on a separate floor. Every day, the relics are worshipped before being displayed.
5) The coins from the period of Gupta, Maurya, and Mughal era are exhibited as well in Bodh Gaya Archaeological Museum.
Best Time To Visit:-
Anyone can visit Bodh Gaya Archaeological Museum. It welcomes the public every day from 10 am to 5 pm. Visitors require paying a certain entry fee as per their nationality. Moreover, the museum remains closed on all national holidays and Fridays.
Nearest Railway Station – Gaya Junction Railway Station
Nearest Airport – Gaya Airport
Best Time : October to March
Weather : 19° C
Ideal duration : 1-3 Days
Established : 1956
visiting hours : 10 AM – 5 PM, Friday Closed
Entry Fee : 10 Rs per person & Children upto 15 yrs free.